PQA attorneys have extensive experience in representing insurance and reinsurance carriers in litigations and arbitrations involving Property & Casualty coverage issues, including matters involving Commercial and Personal Liability insurance, Excess and/or Umbrella insurance, Directors & Officers insurance, Errors & Omissions insurance, Automobile insurance, Homeowners insurance, Accountant & Actuarial insurance, Public Officials insurance, and Board of Education insurance.
PQA attorneys have represented a wide array of insurance companies, joint insurance funds, surety companies and liquidators of insolvent insurance companies, including the New Jersey Commissioner of Banking and Insurance. They have managed matters involving issues such as bad faith, “other insurance” clause disputes, “user” status while loading insured vehicles, fraud in the inception, allocation among insurers and coverage for long-tail losses. They have also litigated retrospective premium disputes and prosecuted subrogation claims on behalf of insurance carriers.
In addition to coverage experience, PQA attorneys have extensive experience defending insureds under duty-to-defend coverages involving numerous underlying liability areas, including employment law, civil rights claims against public officials, asbestos and other environmental spill and workplace exposure liability claims.
The services our attorneys provide to our insurance coverage clients include the following:
- Litigating insurance coverage and bad faith disputes;
- Advising insurance carriers of their coverage defenses and obligations, including drafting coverage opinions, denial letters and reservation of rights letters, and settling coverage disputes prior to litigation;
- Prosecuting subrogation claims;
- Arbitrating insurance and reinsurance matters;
- Defending insureds under personal and commercial insurance policies; and
- Prosecuting and defending matters involving fraud in the inception and fraudulent claims.